Issa Amro will be speaking in the following cities. Please check back for more information as speaking venues are still being added. If you would like to help arrange for an additional speaking event or meeting for Issa while he is in one of these cities, please contact us at email@example.com.
New York City May May 1-3
- Monday May 2 7:00 pm New York University214 Vanderbilt Hall Hosted byIsraeli Committee Against Home Demolitions – USA and cosponsored by CODEPINK – NYC and Jewish Voice for Peace NYC See Facebook even here
Atlanta, GA May 4-6
- Thursday May 5 7:00 pm Little Five Points Community Center 1083 Austin Avenue Atlanta, GA Hosted by Jewish Voice for Peace, Joining Hands for Justice in Israel and Palestine, International Action Center, Project South, Kairos Mission Group of Oakhurst Baptist Church, Georgia Peace and Justice Coalition and Interfaith Peace Builders.
Washington DC May 7-9
- Monday May 9 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Palestine Center 2425 Virginia Ave NW, Washington, DC Hosted by the Jerusalem Fund
- Monday May 9 7:00 pm University of MarylandUMD, Stamp Student Union, Pyon Su Room 2108 Hosted by Students for Justice in Palestine – U of Maryland
Boston, MA May 10-12
- Tuesday May 10 7:00 pm First Baptist Church of Jamaica Plain 633 Centre Street Jamaica Plain, MA Hosted by Jewish Voice for Peace. See Facebook event here
- Wednesday May 11 7:00 pm Talk with Nancy Murray Cambridge Friends Meeting House5 Longfellow Park Cambridge MA Hosted by Boston Coalition for Palestinian Rights. Co-sponsored by The Peace & Social Concerns Committee of Friends Meeting at Cambridge, the Alliance for Water Justice in Palestine, the Gaza Mental Health Foundation, Jewish Voice for Peace – Boston, United for Justice with Peace. See Facebook event here
Issa is the founder and coordinator for Youth Against Settlements. In 2009 Issa won the One World media award in 2009 for his involvement in B’Tselem’s “Shooting Back” project. In 2010 he became the OHCHR human rights defender of the year in Palestine and in 2013 he was declared a Human Right Defender by the European Union.
At his US speaking events, Issa will speak about working to document human rights abuses in Hebron and encourage the local Hebron families to resist nonviolently and remain steadfastly in their homes despite severe freedom of movement restrictions and ongoing attacks by settlers and soldiers. He will tell the audience about YAS’s annual Open Shuhada Street campaign and the new Families Freedom of Movement campaign to end the closed military zone restrictions that have placed a stranglehold on Hebron families since November 2015. Issa will connect the work on the ground in Hebron with the need for the international community to engage in BDS campaigns such as the Remodel RE/MAX and Airbnb Stolen Homes campaigns that hold companies accountable for profiting from and contributing to Israel’s settlement enterprise.